Tuesday, January 5, 2010

When Things Go Wrong





Corpus Christi - 2005

So sometimes, even pros go out to shoot and everything goes wrong and there is nothing to show for it. Tonight that is where I am. I went out, had an idea in my head and it didn't work out. So today's picture is of Corpus Christi, Texas, the Gulf of Mexico. I took this in 2005 when my late husband and I went on a trip there.
I didn't like any of the photos I took that day. Not of my children, not of the bay area, nothing. Just didn't like it one bit. Yet as I look back on it today, I really like it. I took it in the late afternoon right as it was turning dark and I got this bluish tint because I was still shooting with a high shutter speed because I wanted to catch the seagulls. But now that I look at this photo, it seems serene and I like the blue tint.
Seems to me that lately all God keeps showing me is be flexible. Be ready and willing and if it doesn't work out, keep trying.
Recently I was trying to get the worship guys at our church and My friend Cari and I to put together a little Christmas Cantata. I wanted to do it for all the souls that work so hard at the Missions. Well, let me tell you I am an organizer. I want things a certain way and I want to be able to prepare for them. But it turned out to be a mess mainly because of me. I wanted it my way but the others in the group were busy and they couldn't plan things the way I wanted them too. So I pouted and I got in a bad attitude and said "forget it." I didn't practice and I was very upset the night it happened, because I thought we'll do 2 songs and that will be it and it will be over with. It was horrible. The timing on the songs weren't right, I kept messing up the songs and that threw off Cari but most important, my heart wasn't right. I wasn't singing for God, I was singing just to sing. And it showed. Now, I try my best and sing for God, because then I know for sure that even if I mess up a note, or sing the wrong word, at least God saw my heart.
So maybe today, God wanted me to show you my failure. I'm not going to stop being a photographer because I didn't like the picture, or that I failed tonight in my quest to take one awesome photo a day. But I am sharing with you a photo that I definitely see God in. The mirror effect of the water,  the buildings and miracle of engineering, boats, and the sea gulls.

What do you see God in? What is your view?

Until Tomorrow
Grace be with you,

Katie

1 comment:

  1. Amen. I have had more than my share of flexi cookies since I've joined here.

    ReplyDelete