Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Inside Out



I'm not a huge fan of the Valley where I live. It's hot, it's not anything spectacular, it's just dirt, palm trees, and a mangled mass of trees and  cactus with some brown grass thrown in. I wasn't gungho about it before I got to be an adult and after seeing places like Montana, Colorado and Alaska, the valley looks plain and forgotten and not so pretty.
There's no spectacular mountains and no beautiful gardens and it certainly doesn't snow here and that definitely would help the ambiance just a little. Today, though I had a different picture in mind and a different message to say, but God had something else to tell me. It's kinda about the Palm trees and I must not be getting it because here I am writing about something along the same lines.
The valley is not so pretty but I live here because my family lives here, the weather is consistent, there's a beach not too far away and I have great friends. Most importantly, I am here because God wants me here. I know that fact. So what is a photographer to do with dry farm land, citrus crops and brown grass? Show it to the world. I am learning to appreciate the beauty in the valley. It's not your typical place but I have learned to love it and be content with what I have.
God wants me to show the valley and that is what I need to do and will. He chose this special place in this time for me to be in it and like the song says" I will rejoice and be glad in it!"
It's not Alaska, Colorado or one of those other beautiful states, but this is where God has chosen. Sometimes I have to remind myself of that fact because it is so easy to get lost in what you want for yourself and not what God wants for us. After all, God's plan is so much greater than the plan that we could ever have for ourselves.
We just have to keep God as the focus.

Until Tomorrow
Grace be with you
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Kate-
    You are amazing! This blog idea is a great idea. I am loving it! I can't wait to see what you have in store for me each day. Miss you and love you!!

    -Kirstin

    ReplyDelete