Monday, January 18, 2010

Praising God!


Yosemite May 2008
Praising and Worshiping God

I am reading a book called "The Prayer That Changes Everything" by Stormie Omartian. I am realizing that I am focused more on me. How can I change? What do I need to do? I, I, I, and me some more. This book has really opened my eyes. Where am I focused on God? Now don't get me wrong, I have been working on learning and getting closer to God and just following God's Will. I am seeking Him. But here's the thing, now I'm getting to the parts that are bringing me closer to Him. To an understanding of God and Who He is. I reccomend this book greatly.
Okay, first things first, do we ever take the time to truly praise and worship God, just be in His presence? My answer to that is no. I thank Him and praise Him in every prayer for things that I have, for answered prayers, for all those things. However, I don't sit and meditate on it. I don't go deeper than Thank You for this or that. We all need to praise God, worship Him and become closer with Who He is. Just a quick note on why I find this important. The kind of life I want, need, is the life God has for me. That means sacrificing my human flesh and learning about God. Praise and worship is so important to just be with God without wanting or asking for anything. Just being in His presence. It's how we learn Who God is. I want the amazing, extraordinary life that God has for me and which I cannot attain without Him.

 Lord How I praise Your Name that I am not a mistake. I am a creation, from my eyes to my toes. Thank You Lord for being in every detail in this world. For planning my life. For choosing me to be the mother to my children. For choosing me to carry out Your Will and Your life for me. I praise You for the being the light through the clouds, the shining light in the darkness. You are so Amazing. Thank You for being my Provider, My Grace, my Heavenly Father, my Redeemer, my Ressurection, my Righteousness. Thank You Lord for being Everything to me. Amen.

Until Tomorrow
Grace Be With You
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment