Monday, January 18, 2010



Heard a good sermon today. Was about how we are the salt of the earth. About how we never know what we do that makes an impact on someone else. Maybe it's our attitude. A positive word, a testimony. Maybe it's just that the love of our Jesus shows through. I think that is pretty darn cool...and pretty darn scary. It really makes me think about what I say and how I do things. See I can totally be a sarcastic negative person. I'm not always on my best christian behavior. Now I'm not saying that I am fake, we've got to be real because fake can be seen a mile away. Think of all the fake christians you know.  Can't you see them a mile away?

There are days I struggle. It's a different type of struggle these days though. It's not about whether God Exists nor is it whether I have faith in God. It is going through all these baby steps to get closer to God. Being consistent is a real struggle for me. Praying and studying His word and putting it to use, sometimes I don't get it. I won't sit here typing this to the world without being honest about myself. I used to have a very negative self image and there are still days I look in the mirror and see the blemishes and the lines about my eyes and think....wow. I'm old. or ugly or any of those many things that we say to ourselves. God did not make ugly. I know I am a beautiful person. I know God created me, ME! He didn't have to. I could totally be someone else right now! But I'm not and I am so thankful for that.

Every day it is my goal to do a few things: be consistent, follow God's Will, and Pray. If I could do that every day , I can't tell you the amazing things that would happen. And if we all did that?!?!?! WOW. Think of the changes that would happen in this world.

So here's my request: Pray for me. Pray that I am consistent in my study and prayer. Pray that I have a positive attitude and do not cause anyone to struggle. Pray that I can be an example to all those around me and make a positive effect on this world. Let the glory be God's!

Until Tomorrow
Grace Be With You
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment