Monday, January 25, 2010

The Night



There is something inherently beautiful about the night to me. It is peaceful and serene. There is a stillness and quietness in the night that calms me for some reason. Now I'm not downing the bright sunshiny days, I'm just saying that the night has a special place in my heart.

I apologize for missing a day on this blog. But I'm still plugging away and taking photos, just having an interesting time coming up with creative photos. Recently every night time experiment seems to have been a flop; some mess that sounded good at the time. I think this blog has become something in itself. Something that I didn't expect. What I expected to be a few good photos and some words about God has turned into a very personal experience for me.

Yes it is personal. I want to make sure I am honest and truthful about not only my walk with God, but with who I am. So yes, there are days that things just don't work out for me. And no, I don't always behave the way I should. I think maybe for me, it's this sense of sharing an experience that is so personal and real to me, that I have no choice than to be truthful and transparent, mainly because I do not want you to get the wrong idea about God. It is so increasingly important to me, that not only do you see God, but that you see Him through my eyes, with all the ugly flesh showing through to God's amazing grace and forgiveness for such a person as me. I am not worth His grace, forgiveness, or love but the debt has been paid for in my name and yours.

So I am an imperfect being on a journey of perfection .....sounds so corny but it's true. Sometimes it's just harder to see the writing on the wall. So here is where I am. I am seeking God and sometimes, my flesh wins and sometimes my heart wins.

Until Tomorrow,
Grace Be With You
Katie

2 comments:

  1. You know that picture you took of Emily in the road, the one that makes her look like a ghost. That one really made me think that we are just a vapor in the wind, here today and gone tomorrow.Hmm, that sounds familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm..perhaps you are thinking too much? I know I have been and now have a headache!!! Thinking is so overrated...ha ha. But what you say is very true...we are here today and gone tomorrow..Katie

    ReplyDelete