Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I am so Blessed


Praise God I am so blessed! I see people hurting, people who have nothing, people that live in nothing more than tin shacks. But me, I have a home with air conditioning, internet and cable, food on the table, clothing to wear and shoes. I have a computer but there are count em;, THREE computers in my house. We have 5 telelvisions, 2 of them are flat screens. We have camera equipment and running water.  We have cars to drive in and they have gas........but beyond all of those things we have our faith in God, contentment with where we are, healthy children and emotionally WE ARE TRULY BLESSED.

But there are so many out there that aren't. My friend Kathy mentioned something that I hadn't thought of  before, blessings don't always come in the form of cash or things. Sometimes blessings come in the form of revelations and emotions. To not be hurting from a loss, or crying over a broken heart is being blessed. Keeping life in perspective is a blessing. Sometimes we can get so lost in the how ...we forget to enjoy all the very many blessings that we have in life.
There are people out there hurting and need a blessing in their lives and maybe you can be that person. Or maybe someone just needs to be listened to. A simple prayer for another person can be a major blessings. I think we need to be open to listening to God when He wants to use us to bless others.
Prayerfully, I hope that I can always be that blessing to others.

Until Tomorrow
Grace be with You
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment