Monday, January 11, 2010

BOLDNESS (Jesus Saves)


Jesus Saves

So today, really the past week has been a might hard. The Christmas holidays must have wiped me out because I am so incredibly tired. But this afternoon (and maybe it was the pot of coffee I had) I felt a little more energetic and after spending some time with God and my family, I went out to shoot photos.
Now I realize that I sometimes have a wacky sense of photography and quite frankly, I'm sorry if you don't get it. However, I like this photo. I think it's interesting and takes boldness to proudly proclaim to the world that Jesus Saves.
That is what I have been praying for. BOLDNESS. Just the sound of the word inspires confidence. BUT I'm nowhere near the boldness I think I actually need. Not only am I photographer but I also sing in church.Now I'm not talking like I am some amazing singer, I just want to sing to please the Lord and my friend Cari, plays the guitar and wants to praise God for it. So we do it together and each week I feel myself pray for boldness to get up on the stage and share my song with the world.
But what seems so funny is I am the same way with my photos. They are personal to me, and I will take it personally if they are not pleasing to you, just like my music. However, one thing that I am learning is it takes boldness in the Lord to proclaim that as long as I am following God's will, it shouldn't matter what you may think about my photos or my song selection.
So here's where I'm going with this: If I am not bold and do not proclaim Jesus Saves from my rooftop, if I hide my talents away and do not show the world my photos and share a song with them, what is it that I am saying about my faith? If God has given me a business but I don't include Him, can I ever be successful at it? Will God ever bless me, if I hide my faith under a rock?
No, I'd be saying that I'm a coward and I don't really believe what I am saying. And that scares me more than not saying anything at all.
So here's to baby steps into boldness. May we all be bold and proclaim to the rooftops, Jesus Saves.

Until Tomorrow,
Grace Be With You
Katie

1 comment:

  1. This building does look familar. I will stand in agreement with you for greater boldness. I will not be a pooterin peter and pooter out at the chance to stand up for Christ!

    ReplyDelete