Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Tree and it's branches and a stop sign


The Tree and the Stop Sign

I know, real snazzy  title to this photo. When I stopped and looked at this tree I really analyzed it, maybe too much, which is what I often do.  Not at the time that I shot this photo however. I started my quest out driving around with my mom, looking for a tree or for wherever God might send me to take a photo. I pray about the words I write and the photo that I choose or take.
So here is where I (we) ended up today, out on a country road, not far from a bridge and close to a small town. I could have cropped out the road and the stop sign but when I really started looking at the photo and then prayed about it I felt a sense of peace about it, in that, I think sometimes we all need a stop sign in our lives. Something that says smell the roses or you're not thinking right. When I looked at this tree earlier, what came to me was this: A tree has many branches that grow off of it, and maybe it is time to stop and think about what branches are growing on our tree.
Are we sharing God's love and bearing fruit? Or do we need to stop and examine what it is we are putting time into?

"Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and cast into the fire. Therefore, you will fully know them by their fruits." Matthew 7: 19-20

Until Tomorrow
Grace Be With You
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment