Thursday, January 14, 2010

Moving Mountains




Alaska 2007

Here's a secret: Everyday I get up and have to make the decision to follow God. And here's the kicker: Sometimes I fail. Recently I have not been studying and praying like I should, and when that happens it just seems like the day is not right, or something (SOMEONE) is missing. I am not as productive in my business or in my duties that I feel God has led me to. You see christians fail all the time. Let me give you a hint, we are people. We fail. We get mad, sad, cry, and sometimes do the wrong things. Some christians are hypocrites and yes, those are the worst but we still love God and God still loves us and He still loves you.

Sometimes I just want to move mountains, there is even a verse in the Bible that talks about moving mountains with faith. Here is what I am learning. If I decided tomorrow morning that I was going to climb a mountain, it would take training. I would have to go on a diet and a strength and cardio program. I would have to buy all the right equipment and probably talk and get mentors who have already climbed mountains. I couldn't just wake up, get dressed, and go climb a mountain. That would be insane. A relationship with God is a lot of the same thing. The Bible is our training manual. Pastors and speakers and fellow christians help us to learn the ways of the Lord. But most importantly God, Himself chips away at us, like a potter to clay. He heals our hurts, dries our tears, give us hope, and teaches us faith. There are temptations and worldly vices and people who will get in our way. Our own selves will cry out, not wanting to change. But all is possible with God.

I don't proclaim to be an expert in a relationship with God. No, my faith and trust in the Lord grows day by day. Each day I learn new things and I am being changed into the woman He wants me to be. Some days I fail and let the world in and some days (and these are the good ones) I get to win.

You might ask yourself, if it hurts, if its hard, why do it? Because the reward is so great that the changes we make, the plucking away at the unpleasing parts of us that God does is so worth it. The reward is more than any riches on earth can be. Jesus suffered on a cross for me and you...God loves us that much, when did the world  ever do that for you?

Until Tomorrow
Grace be with You
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment