Thursday, January 7, 2010

Tragedy



Today in Hawaii, there is a mom who's heart is breaking over the loss of her baby son. Gavin Norton died today. He was probably one of the most prayed about babies that I have ever heard of. You might think that I knew them, but I didn't. Like a lot of prayer warriors who have been praying for the life of this little boy, I have never met nor had I heard of Natalie Norton until about a week ago. I have to tell you that  although it breaks my heart that little Gavin passed away, I have joy in that his mother told the world today: "God is good. God is Great."  Natalie Norton

I have been through similiar tragedy, in 2007 my husband, Raymond Paden passed away suddenly. I, however didn't have the faith of Natalie Norton. It has taken me two years and a lot of prayer to get to the point I am today. You see, I took the road of asking why, the road of anger, even the path of self destruction. My heart was broken in a million pieces. I wasn't much of a christian but when I couldn't take it anymore, I cried out to God and certain relief came. The sense of peace like a wave came over me. God Loves Us. And just like any Father there are times when we ask why, and we don't get an answer. Sometimes it's not between God and Us, it's between God and the person who passed away. It can even be that we don't know God's plan. Sometimes it is hard to struggle with that. The not knowing. I want to know. I do. But after two years of praying the question isn't why anymore. It's what can I do.  It's I'm going to praise Your name for the things that I do have and the blessings that I constantly receive. It's please Forgive me. And it's mold me into the person You want me to be. I loved (love) my husband very deeply and his death will probably always affect me but how I choose to live for God is the most important thing. See Natalie knows something I didn't. She knows one day she will be reunited with Gavin. Jesus paid that price for us. I will one day be with Raymond again. And for that, I thank You, Jesus.
Lord, tonight I send a prayer up for the Nortons and every other soul that has lost someone as dear to them as Gavin and Raymond. May Your peace and comfort rain down and fill their souls. Lord, help my faith to be strong. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Until Tomorrow
Grace be with You
Katie

1 comment:

  1. I thank God for Natalies faith. I thank God that life here is temporary and we will be reunited with our loved ones in Christ one day. I thank God for you Katie!

    ReplyDelete