Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Road Less Travelled



Canadian Highway, The Yukon, April 2007

I had an interesting thought the other day. I thought about how much my life has changed in such a short time. How pain and depression can color your life. I almost have a before and after. I was this way before this event and now I'm this way. It's been a long hard road to get here. Ever since I can remember I have always taken the road less traveled. When I was younger it was more about being different than anything else. I didn't want to conform to someone's standard of me. Now though, it seems that the road less travelled is the one where people do the right thing. I've never taken the easy path, now I have known and loved people that take the easy path everytime, but for me the payoff was never worth it. And no matter how much I want it, the easy path has never been the right one for me. How I use to pray that just once the right thing to do would be the easy one. But it never was.

These days the right path is God's Will and it hasn't gotten any easier. How my flesh rebels at conforming to God. It kicks and screams and sometimes I feel I am in a fight that is way over my head and abilities. I know why and what I need to work on and I know that my Heavenly Father still loves me. But the time has come that I have to really work on those things that set me apart from God in sin. My prayer is that I can do it. For even in silence must I praise God and follow His Will.

So here's to all my fellow travelers on the road less traveled. May God's Grace be with you always.


Until Tomorrow
Grace Be With You
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment