Saturday, January 2, 2010

The First Sunset of 2010 and Resolutions and Traditions




The First Sunset of 2010

I think most of us can see God's handiwork in this photo, in every sunset, sunrise, and most of the scenic earth. How I praise the Lord for the beauty He bestowed upon us. It's too bad that most of us, including me forget to be awed by its beauty way too many times. God didn't have to make the world a gorgeous place to live in but He did. I'd like to think He had us in mind in the 7 days it took to create the world.

And here's a personal note:
Every year I make a million resolutions and stick with our Southern traditions of eating Black eye peas and something green for good luck in the coming year. This year I have realized that there is no luck, Everything is from God and that being said, so is the so called "luck" we have. I have had bad years and good years. Not because I ate or didn't eat black eyed peas on New Year's Day but because that's life. This year I'm not going to make some silly resolution that I'm not going to keep anyway. Maybe that is just setting myself up for failure. Every year I get gung ho and think I'm going to lose weight and do this and that. Nope, not this year. This year I have one resolution. Just One.

I'm going to try my best at being consistent in following God's Will and not my own. I think if I can just concentrate on that , the rest will just fall into place.

Until tomorrow,

God Be With You
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Amen Sister! I used to believe in luck until I met Ben and Jeanne and they pretty much told me the same thing.

    ReplyDelete