Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Angels


Photo from Hurricane Dolly that hit So Texas in 2008
Commerce Street in Harlingen, Texas
The Day After

 Let me tell you a story I read, told by Joyce Meyer (www.joycemeyer.org)

" A friend of mine sat in a folding chair in a fishing boat on the lake. She was reading Psalm 91 and thanking God for her angels when the boat suddenly hit a wave and knocked over her chair. She hit her head on the side of the boat, but she was not really harmed. She was rather distraught by the fact she fell and hit her head, so she asked God, "Where were my angels?", God spoke to her heart and said, "You are not dead, are you?" In other words, she may have hit her head but it could have been much, much worse had her angels not been there."


With Hurricane Dolly, angels were at work. There were destroyed buildings, no power, bad water, and as you can see damage everywhere. But it could have been worse. I don't believe that we can be negative and be in God's good graces. How could we have faith if we are questioning God? There is a reason and a season for all things. I know that the earthquake in Haiti is devastating and my heart goes out to all those affected, from family and surviviors to the dead. We need to keep hope in God alive. Hope, that it will be okay and faith in God. But I see people pulling together to help. Could that be the plan? I don't know. But we are to be peacekeepers and helpers. Give a prayer for those in Haiti and the families of the affected. Keep the faith and hope alive...
 
Are not the angels all ministering spirits sent out in the service of those who are to inherit salvation?
Hebrews 1:14

Until Tomorrow
Grace Be With You
Katie

2 comments:

  1. Love that picture! We camped out at the wharehouse that night. I have a picture of the us mail truck delivering during the storm, right before it got ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We stayed here and since we were on the north side it was okay. I have pictures of all the rain and wind...the wind was SO bad!!! I need a mailman like that...rain sleet or snow!!

    ReplyDelete