Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010!!



 


This is a blog about God. And maybe a little me thrown in.

Do you believe in coincidence? Before I knew Jesus I did, now I don't.  To get this photo, with it's angelic lighted dragonfly, there would have to be SO many coincidences to make it work. The wind blowing the right way, the fireworks built just right, the camera going off at just the right time. The photographer knowing just what they were doing. All that is true but WHO controls all those variables? If I let myself, I would drive myself nuts thinking of all the ways God makes things happen. By the wind blowing, the shutter going off, the fireworks exploding, I can't help but marvel at what an amazing director the Lord is. He is the Ultimate Producer, Director, and Boss...;) 

I took this picture last night 12/31/09 several hours before midnight so it's not really today's photo. I'll post that later or tomorrow. For you photographers out there I took this with manual focus and used the bulb function to hold it open for approximately 1-2 seconds. I could look at the metadata and let you know exactly how long I held the shutter open, and if you want to know you can email me...;)

Isn't it funny how a little picture can make you think so hard?

God be with you,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment