Saturday, January 16, 2010

Clouds and Birthdays


Harlingen, Texas of of Loop 499 1/15/10
These clouds appeared today like a wave in the ocean. The were low and thick and in some places it reminded me of a painting of Jesus riding a cloud down to the earth. Thank You Lord, for the reminder, that You are in all things. Your power is amazing. 



Harlingen Water Tower
1/15/10



God's Glorious Clouds
Looks like God's chariot as He comes down from heaven.

So today is my 32nd birthday. Don't ask me why this birthday unlike the 30th and 31st birthdays has been bothering me. It may be that someone made a comment about a 16 year old could be my daughter...that seems to have set me in a tailspin. So I'm 32, big deal; but it's seems to be a big deal to me. It's not so much the age as all the things that I haven't done yet. The plans I made that I never accomplished. The weight I've never lost, the success that hasn't come. I've lived 32 years and I don't know what I have done with my time. It seems to have disappeared. So I prayed about it. God is so good. He has helped me see, that all those little things that I haven't accomplished, weren't meant to be accomplished by me.
You see, God has plans for us all and my plans are NOT God's plans. Sometimes I need reminding of that. I spent my twenties raising children and trying to accomplish MY plans on MY own. God wants me to work on His plans and the great thing about that is that I'm not alone, He is there with me every step of the way.
Now, I'm not saying I want to be 20 years old again, maybe if I could have that body and face but not without the knowledge I have now. A very wise woman told me today that "the older you get, the better you get. Youth isn't all it's cracked up to be."
Good words.

Until Tomorrow,
Grace Be with You
Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment