Friday, April 9, 2010

Life is A Ferris Wheel - Can I get off this thing??

So I had this conversation with God the other day. The one thing that I find hard is to share my true feelings with anyone, even myself. But I want to be completely honest on this blog because more than likely somewhere out there there is someone who feels like I do. I find myself, even as a christian who knows better, judging a christian more harshly than someone who isn't. The truth is as a christian,  life gets harder. We are not only held to a higher standard but we still have faults and trials and things that we must learn. I am learning so much, but we have to go through the fire it seems to get there.
It seems to me that this ferris wheel is a lot like life. I seem to go around and around in circles with how I feel and how I learn new things.But right now, honestly I feel like I'm on a ferris wheel, fighting the same fleshly impulses which I then confess and ask for forgiveness and then do it all over again. I know that it is not the same thing. But here I am on this one topic over and over. I'm pretty sure that God rolls His eyes in exasperation at me sometimes. I mean really. Like the conversation the other day was simply a repeat of a previous prayer sent up in frustration at what is going on in my life.God is so great! He listens. He forgives.
And sometimes, I think He might think I'm hilarious....after all He made me this way!

Grace Be With You
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just ran across your blog and this post stood out to me... Nope, you're not alone; there is someone who feels the same as you did when you wrote this post. It can be frustrating when we revisit the same ol' sins again and again. But I thank God for His grace, which is new every morning, as He says in Lamentations. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete