Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter to One and All!

Happy Easter to one and all!!

So this Easter was a little different for me. My boys have gotten older and even before Christmas I was thinking about telling them the truth about dear old Saint Nick, the Tooth Fairy, and regrettably Rudy the elf. This Easter brought many questions and I just felt that Easter and Christmas are very important holidays so a few days before Easter I sat them down and told them the truth.

Yes, Virginia, I am Saint Nick, the Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny and even Rudy the Elf. I write you the messages and spend time hiding eggs, buying and wrapping the gifts and slipping coins under your pillow and grabbing that tooth you hold onto like a bank.
But all these holidays, sure the spirit of the season is all great, giving to your favorite charity, helping those you love, it's all good. But the real reason of these holidays goes way beyond getting lost in all this worldly clutter.

Everyone tells you Happy Easter, Merry Christmas and get so involved in baking, wrapping, cleaning, and everything else that we forget to spend time with the One who it is truly about, Jesus. He was tortured and killed so that we would live. He was born to DIE. He was born to TEACH us, and give us mercy, grace, comfort and SHOW us what it really is to be in a relationship with Him,  without all the baggage and legalism.
So this Easter it wasn't all about Peeps, eggs, and fake grass. I really wanted my boys to see what Jesus went through for us.

Grace Be With You
Katie

1 comment:

  1. Love, love, love that new photo with the crosses. Like the catchy new title, also.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete